Sunday, September 30, 2007

German Shepherd Dog: Spirit

> I am a canine of noble birth> A German Shepherd Dog - courageous, alert!> I protect my master to earn my keep> In grassy fields I guard his sheep> I've heard it often said> "No finer dog has yet been bred."> The times have changed, a new day's dawned.> Alas, I find myself in a foreign land.> I am a canine of noble birth> I protect no man, I guard no herd;> Stripped of my birthright> I carry on A lonely vigil for times long gone.> When I learned how to treat a lamb,> Or how to control a powerful ram,> When I had to chase the wolves from their prey,> to keep the flock calm, and from going astray.> When I was taught how to stand my ground> To defend my master when troubles abound> There was no limit to what I could do> My courage and loyalty saw me through> Now, I am told I was bred for "show"> DO I deserve to be dropped this low?> In the canine world I am the King,> I do not care for the dog show ring.> It bores me til the day I die> Why can I no longer do my part> And serve mankind with all my heart?> My heritage demands of me to be what I was born to be,> Return my birthright that once was mine> A CHANCE TO LAY MY LIFE ON THE LINE! By: Rodriguez

No comments: